WHY CHOOSE UMS?
- Proud sales partner for CAE Pty (Ceramic Anilox Engravers) and their portfolio of advanced ceramic anilox rolls and sleeves.
- CAE has been supplying and perfecting the advanced eCell elongated cell and COBRA open-cell cell technology for more than 10 years.
- CAE has the most advanced plasma ceramic coating in the industry, and high-performance AVM (Actual Volume Measurement) and Certified Cell Technology (Esko / Opaltone)
- We offer local support coupled with our in-house technical team ready to educate and advise personnel at all levels on ink management, future ink technology, plate design, cleaning, blade doctoring, and troubleshooting.
- We provide regular anilox auditing with full reporting and continuous monitoring.
- We are a full end-to-end service provider inclusive of all freight components and sleeve tracking.
- We have the fastest lead time in the industry (7-10-day sleeve turnaround on common machines).
WHICH ADVANCED ENGRAVING TECHNOLOGY IS RIGHT FOR ME?
Our technical team can advise you of this based on your print requirements. As a starting point, please refer to the following CAE transfer technologies:
- eCell anilox transfer enables you to attain higher print quality, improved definition, and greater consistency than standard 60degree hex (yCell) technology. Its elongated cell structure provides an increased and more consistent ink transfer range, with higher number of Lines Per Inch (LPI) and solid combination coverage (BCM).
- yCell anilox roller transfer technology has been developed to deliver optimal ink release. With its 60-degree hex design, the yCell utilizes the latest high-definition cell geometry to ensure advanced ink release over the conventional 30- and 60-degree engraving patterns.
- Cobra, or open cell technology, has been named for its snake-like shape and configuration which enables high-density coverage while still accommodating finer screen printing – making it ideal for heavy ink transfer applications.
- HITT – is purely for heavy ink laydown requirements (white stations, varnish).
WHY SHOULD I MAKE THE CHANGE TO THE NEW CAE TECHNOLOGIES eCELL OR COBRA?
These offer measurable benefits including:
- Increased and more consistent ink transfer ranges, with higher screen (LPI) and solid combination coverage (BCM)
- Ability to provide huge cost savings per machine, site, and group
- Ready for future ink/printing plate technology and standardization
WHAT MODIFICATIONS TO THE PRESS ARE REQUIRED TO ACCOMMODATE THE NEW ENGRAVING PATTERNS?
None! CAE’s advanced engraving technologies are an upgrade to your anilox rolls/sleeves which requires no changes to plates, inks, or machine setup. You will simply gain all the advantages listed above.
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT SPECIFICATIONS I SHOULD MOVE TO?
Simply furnish our technical team with your current anilox/print specifications and we will guide you in matching these using whichever technology you are interested in.
WHAT INFORMATION DO YOU REQUIRE TO PROVIDE ADVICE AND/OR A QUOTE?
An engineering drawing of your current rolls or sleeves, current specifications, ink type, and substrate(s).
WHEN IS IT TIME TO CHANGE MY ROLLS OR SLEEVES?
When your anilox cell capacity is lower than 85 percent, the sleeve is considered used and redundant.
This is because your ink bills increase by up to 10 percent for each 5 percent loss of capacity, due to excess consumption generated by the need to change viscosity to allow more pigment transfer onto the substrate. Once cell capacity is less than 85 percent, ink consumption and ink bills grow exponentially. Operators have to spend more time color matching and less time running production. Ink buildup begins to act like concrete and is very difficult to remove, needing longer wash-ups, and ink transfer becomes inconsistent, requiring constant monitoring from operators. Increased customer rejects also lead to greater waste.
Innovative CAE Solutions for Ultimate Performance
Still Have Questions?
Contact us today and a UMS representative will get in touch with you!